If you intend using humor in your talk to make people smile, you must know how to identify shared experiences and problems. Your humor must be relevant to the audience and should help to show them that you are one of them or that you understand their situation and are in sympathy with their point of view. Dependi
ng on whom you are addressing, the problems will be different. If you are talking to asgroupsor managers, you may refer to the disorganized methods of their secretaries; alternatively if you are addressing secretaries, you may want to comment on their disorganized bosses.?
Here is an example, which I heard at a nurses' convention, of a story which works well because the audience all shared the same view of doctors. A man arrives in heaven and is being shown around by St. Peter. He sees wonderful accommodations, beautiful gardens, sunny weather, and so on. Everyone is very peaceful, polite and friendly until, waiting in a line for lunch, the new arrival is suddenly pushed aside by a man in a white coat, who rushes to the head of the line, grabs his food and stomps over to a table by himself. "Who is that?" the new arrival asked St. Peter. "Oh, that's God." came the reply, "but sometimes he thinks he's a doctor."
If you are part of thesgroupswhich you are addressing, you will be in a position to know the experiences and problems which are common to all of you and it'll be appropriate for you to make a passing remark about the inedible canteen food or the chairman's notorious bad taste in ties. With other audiences you mustn't attempt to cut in with humor as they will resent an outsider making disparaging remarks about their canteen or their chairman. You will be on safer ground if you stick to scapegoats like the Post Office or the telephone system.?
If you feel awkward being humorous, you must practice so that it becomes more natural. Include a few casual and apparently off-the-cuff remarks which you can deliver in a relaxed and unforced manner. Often it's the delivery which causes the audience to smile, so speak slowly and remember that a raised eyebrow or an unbelieving look may help to show that you are making a light-hearted remark.?
Look for the humor. It often comes from the unexpected. A twist on a familiar quote "If at first you don't succeed, give up" or a play on words or on a situation. Search for exaggeration and understatements. Look at your talk and pick out a few words or sentences which you can turn about and inject with humor.??
1. To make your humor work, you should?
［A］take advantage of different kinds of audience.
［B］make fun of the disorganized people.
［C］address different problems to different people.
［D］show sympathy for your listeners.
2. The joke about doctors implies that, in the eyes of nurses, they are?
［A］impolite to new arrivals.
［B］very conscious of their godlike role.
［C］entitled to some privileges.
［D］very busy even during lunch hours.
3. It can be inferred from the text that public services?
［A］have benefited many people.
［B］are the focus of public attention.
［C］are an inappropriate subject for humor.
［D］have often been the laughing stock.
4. To achieve the desired result, humorous stories should be delivered?
［A］in well-worded language.
［B］as awkwardly as possible.
［C］in exaggerated statement.
［D］as casually as possible.
5. The best title for the text may be?
［A］Use Humor Effectively.
［B］Various Kinds of Humor.
［C］Add Humor to Speech.
［D］Different Humor Strategies.
[大纲词汇] identify v.认出；识别
[衍生词汇] identification n认明；识别;身份证明，简写为ID
[经典例句] A reasonable man can identify the best method of solving the problem.
[经典例句] Thomas Hardy shows his great sympathy towards his characters.
[大纲词汇] alternative adj & n随便一个的；二者择一;选择
4. St. Peter圣彼得
6. [大纲词汇] accommodation n.住处，住所
[衍生词汇] accommodate vt.供应,供给,使适应,调节
[经典例句] The university doesn't provide accommodation for the first year students.
[大纲词汇] edible adj适合食用的;可食用的
[经典例句] Although those mushrooms look very appetizing, they are really inedible.
[大纲词汇] canteen n.食堂，餐厅
[大纲词汇] appropriate adj正确的；合适的；适当的
[经典例句] To attend the dinner party, you should choose the appropriate dressing.
[联想记忆] notorious一词是个不折不扣的贬义词，和它意思相近，表示"名气很大的"英文词很多，比如：famous, well-known, renowned, celebrated都是褒义，而贬义的只有infamous一词。
[大纲词汇] resent v.愤恨,怨恨,愤慨
[经典例句] The Chairman resents all the unfair comments imposed on him.
[大纲词汇] disparaging adj.蔑视的,毁谤的,轻视的
[经典例句] Please don't make any disparaging remarks.
13. scapegoat n替罪羊，代人受过者
[经典例句] Insgroupsto show your humor, you must make some off-the-cuff humorous remarks.
[大纲词汇] exaggerate vt, vi夸张；夸大
[经典例句] The managers exaggerate the difficulties of the situation to get additional financial support from the borad.
16. understatement (一种修辞方法)故意的轻描淡写
1. Your humor must be relevant to the audience and should help to show them that you are one of them or that you understand their situation and are in sympathy with their point of view.
[结构剖析]：该句是一个复杂单句，句子的主语是your humor，后面有两个平行的谓语must be和should help它们后面分别有其宾语。其中should help后面的宾语是不定式to show，而它的宾语比较复杂，是两个并列的宾语从句：that you are one of them和that you understand their situation and are in sympathy with their point of view，中间用or连接
[阅读重点]：本句结构比较简明，只需注意show them后面是两个并列的宾语从句就可以了。后面的宾语从句中有个很有用的词组in sympathy with，表示同情，同意，赞同。
2. If you are part of thesgroupswhich you are addressing, you will be in a position to know the experiences and problems which are common to all of you and it'll be appropriate for you to make a passing remark about the inedible canteen food or the chairman's notorious bad taste in ties
[结构剖析]：if引导了一个条件从句，而后面的主句是两个子句构成的并列句。在第一个字句you will be in a position to know the experiences and problems which are common to all of you中又有一个定语从句which are common to all of you来修饰the experiences and problems，而后面的子句的结构是一个it is adj for sb to do sth的结构。
3. Include a few casual and apparently off-the-cuff remarks which you can deliver in a relaxed and unforced manner.
4. Often it's the delivery which causes the audience to smile, so speak slowly and remember that a raised eyebrow or an unbelieving look may help to show that you are making a light-hearted remark
- 高中化学实验的现象大全 2019-08-30 18:43:49
- 高考备考被题海淹没？六个方法让你上岸！ 2019-07-18 13:32:05
- 手足无措的意思_手足无措的成语解释 2019-10-18 19:49:03
- 东莞中考未录取7月20日可参加补录 2019-10-19 20:34:45
- 蟠天际地的意思_蟠天际地的成语解释 2019-10-04 09:40:46
- 高考优秀生与高一学生谈如何学好历史 2019-08-21 11:13:47
- 古典诗词鉴赏注译赏析160首之商山早行 2019-10-16 10:13:20
- 银河系圆盘上的气体 2019-07-25 21:04:35
- 古典诗词鉴赏注译赏析160首之四时田园杂兴 2019-08-23 10:36:12
- 专家称无需对人造禽流感病毒大惊小怪 2019-10-19 19:07:59